The thigh lift surgery or Thighplasty is an invasive surgical procedure that involves several incisions. It is a corrective procedure for enhancing your thigh appearance.
It may take more than two to three months for recovery. Many confuse it with lower body contouring. But actually, while the lower body contouring is related more with liposuction instead of surgery, the thigh lift procedure involves the improvement of the thigh appearance.
Thigh Lift Surgery Facts
- Thigh lift surgery is usually carried out under general anesthesia.
- The usual time taken for this procedure is about 3 to 6 hours.
- Most surgeons recommend liposuction to be carried out while deciding for a thigh lift surgery.
- A thigh lift can be an ‘inner’ thigh lift or ‘median’ thigh lift.
- When it comes to thigh lifts, there is no particular method used by all surgeons.
- After the incision, excess fat is detached and removed from the underlying thigh muscles.
- After the thigh lift surgery, a sterile dressing is usually applied to the surgery area.
Reasons for Thigh Lift Surgery
- Loss of skin elasticity as a result of weight loss or aging in the thigh area.
- Shapeless appearance in the thigh area that results from hormonal changes, aging or too much weight.
- If you have creased, wrinkled or flabby appearance of thighs due to cellulite, this surgery is helpful.
- Thighs that sag or form pouches over the knee caps require this surgery.
- For a soft and nice-looking thigh and buttock skin, thigh lift procedure is a good option.
- If you wish to tighten your thigh skin, this surgery is a great choice.
Note: Find out the possible risks from a cosmetic surgeon before deciding on this procedure.