Beautytipshub provides complete information on the medication and treatment of skin allergies. You might suffer from skin rashes, itchiness, swelling, dry skin problems, ‘hives’, dermatitis and a host of other skin problems.
You can try out simple home remedies which are effective in providing a cure to these skin problems. These however, are not applicable for severe cases of skin allergies. You might need to consult a dermatologist or a doctor in such cases.
Treatment of Skin Allergies
- First, you should determine the cause of the skin problem. If the allergy is due to a certain food, drug, detergent or any other thing, you need to first avoid the irritant.
- Avoid smoking as it aggravates the allergic condition.
- Consumption of processed food products, bleached flour and white sugar should be put at bay.
- Consuming Vitamin C is helpful for allergies.
- Poppy seeds mixed with lemon juice are also a good remedy.
- A mixture of sandalwood paste and lemon juice is beneficial for skin rashes.
- Wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly before eating them.
- Fruit juices are helpful for allergic conditions.
- Boil oats and strain. Pour the liquid in an ice tray and freeze. Gently rub the ice cubes over the affected areas.
- Extract the juice from wood apple leaves. Mix the liquid with cumin powder and apply on the skin. This is a beneficial treatment for hives or urticaria.
- You can also boil ginger rhizome, chamomile, marshmallow roots, peppermint and Echinea in a sauce pan. Drink a cupful this mixture, two times a day. This is a good cure for skin allergy.
- Apply a mixture of soda and Indian plum juice to prickly heat.
- Sugarcane juice is also a good alternative for prickly heat during the summer season.
Useful Herbs for Skin Allergies
There are a lot of herbs that provide an excellent cure for various skin diseases. These are enlisted below-
- Holy basil and sandalwood paste are good for rashes and itchy skin.
- Cassia is a good remedy for hives.
- Madhuca Indica or madhuca is a good cure for skin infections.
- Henna is an effective cure for boils and inflammations.
- You can use sarpagandha or rauwolfia for skin itches.
Besides these, there are lots of antibiotics, corticosteroids and other medications which are useful for skin problems and allergies. These, however, needs to be taken after consultation with a dermatologist.
Note: You might develop allergic reactions to any o the ingredients mentioned above. In such cases, please desist from using the same.