Depending on what type of skin you have, you can follow these simple skin care tips to take care of yourself.
Skin Care Secrets for Dry Skin:
- Avoid contact with detergents as far as possible.
- Do not use soaps or toners.
- Use an oil-based cleansing cream or milk to clean your face.
- To not rub your skin too hard.
- Splash water on your face, whenever you get the opportunity.
- Use oil based lotions to nourish your skin.
- Use a lanolin based moisturizer to help retain your skin’s natural moisture content.
- Use a night cream before going to sleep.
- Stay away from direct exposure to sun and wind as far as practicable. Use a sunscreen and protect your eyes with sunglasses.
Skin Care Secrets for Oily Skin:
- Use a gentle facial wash to clean your face.
- For cleaning your body, use scrubs.
- Use astringents to refresh your skin after a wash.
- Use light, watery moisturizers.
- Use face masks to tighten your face muscles and improve blood circulation.
Skin Care Secrets for Combination Skin:
- Use scrubs and cleansers instead of soap.
- Use an oil-based eye makeup remover to remove make up from your eyes
- Use a cream cleanser once a day, concentrating on dry areas.
- Use a stronger astringent to tone the oily areas and a mild one for the dry areas.
- Use a lanolin or oil based moisturizer.
Skin Care Secrets for Normal Skin:
- Use cleansers and scrubs instead of soap.
- Remove all makeup before going to bed.
- Use a toner after washing.
- Use a moisturizer daily after a wash and before going to bed.
Skin Care Secrets for Sensitive Skin:
- Choose your skin care products carefully. If necessary consult a dermatologist before you select one.
- Use a soothing, hypo-allergic lotion to cleanse your skin.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Select an unscented moisturizer and gently massage it into your skin.
Browse through our pages on Homemade Beauty Tips and Natural Beauty Treatments for easy skin care secrets and recipes that you can prepare at home.