Personal beauty is a greater recommendation than any letter of reference: Aristotle
Are you aware that your skin actually reflects your health and your mood? Skin protection is not only important for our health but also for our appearance. A proper skin care can retard the aging process and retain our youthful looks for a long time. You do not have to spend your money on expensive skin care products for your skin protection. You can follow the simple steps listed below for your daily skin protection regime.
Simple Steps for Skin Protection:
- Cleansing: Clean your skin regularly to get rid of dust and grime. This is the first step for a healthy skin. Remove all makeup before you go to sleep.
- Moisturizing: Use a moisturizer after a wash. A moisturizer not only restores the moisture back to your skin, it also maintains your skin’s pH balance and nourishes it.
- Protect your Skin from the Sun: Use a sunscreen before venturing out in the sun. Wear sunglasses to protect the sensitive areas around your eyes. If the heat is strong, then wear light long sleeved dresses and shirts to protect your arms. Cover your head if it is very windy.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink at least eight glasses of water and fruit juice every day. Splash your face with water whenever you get the opportunity.
- Drink Healthy: Restrict your intake of coffee. Cut down on alcohol. Drink fruit juice as often as possible.
- Eat Healthy: Cut down on chocolates. Select food rich in proteins and vitamins as opposed to fat and starch. Restrict your intake of sugar. Eat food rich in fiber. Consume fresh vegetables, legumes and fruits.
- Be Happy: Your face reflects your mood. A happy person will usually have a glowing and healthy look. Frowns can bring early wrinkles on your face. Therefore, avoid stressful situations. Focus on happier moments. Yoga and meditation are very good for a healthy skin.
- Select your Skin Care Products Carefully: Make sure that you are not allergic to any ingredient used in a skin care product that you select. If in doubt, consult a skin
specialist for advice.
Skin Protection Guidelines in the Sun:
- Avoid mid-day sun between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Try to wear long sleeved shirts and trousers, caps if possible.
- Use enough sunscreen on skin. Use a mild one, if you have very oily skin.
- Keep in mind to use sunscreens having sun protection factor (SPF) that is greater than 15, and that has UVA and UVB coverage.
- Tanning is certainly not good for the skin, so do not opt for it.
Take a little care of your skin using the skin protection tips given above and your skin will smile at you.