Whatever you do to you skin at 20’s lays a foundation for your skin in the next decade. This is the healthiest phase of your skin with collagen support at this best. Chief problem of this age group is acne as your hormones are really active at this point of time. But this is largely avoidable if you take proper care. Also by the time you cross your 25th year, skin stabilises. Dr Chiranjiv Chabbra of Skin Alive Skin Clinic shares her points:
Here’s what you can do to keep it glowing:
- Use a gentle cleanser preferably normal to oily at least thrice a day.
- Use a mild alcohol-free toner to remove residue dirt and close pores.
- Use an oil-free hydrating moisturiser.
- Choose a right sunscreen – SPF 15-20 with both UVA and UVB protection.
- Avoid carbonated drinks and fruit juices with preservatives.
- Avoid anti-wrinkle creams and otherwise very rich moisturizer.
- Avoid bakery products and other junk food.
- Eat at least 3-4 fruits daily.
- Consult you physician and supplement your diet if need be.
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water.
- You can start using a gentle facemask once a week to purify your skin.
- Cleanse you face thoroughly before going to bed and don’t apply any heavy night cream.