All of us are constantly looking for some quick, simple tips which we can use in our daily lives to maintain a healthy, flawless skin and prevent oursleves from ageing prematurely. Some of these Top Skincare Tips can be put into practice by being a little conscious about our food habits and lifestyle and changing them if necessary.
Top Skincare Tips
- Sleep well and Eat Healthy: the most important tips for skincare begin with a good sleep and healthy diet. A minimum of 7-8 hours of sleep is vital for our skin as much as it is for our body. The food that be have should preferably be healthy, homemade, less oily, and should be taken in intervals of 3-4 hours.
- Drink Lots of Fluids: A minimum of 3 liters of water makes the skin elastic. Besides, a regular intake of fresh fruit juices also allows the body to flush-out toxins and keeps the skin fresh. Consumption of sodas and beverages having caffeine like coffee should be avoided.
- Cleanse and Exfoliate Regularly: Cleanse your face and neck regularly, especially before going to bed. The areas should be wiped gently using a cleanser and cotton to remove the dirt, oil, pollutants and makeup. Use homemade scrubs to exfoliate your skin to free the pores from blockages.
- Keep your Cosmetics Clean and Free from Germs: The cosmetic brushes and sponges that we use for applying makeup and cleansing our face should be cleaned regularly to keep them free from the germs and bacteria that accumulate in them. This can be done easily at home by soaking these items in warm and soapy water, rinsing them, and then allowing them to dry.Cosmetic brushes and sponges should also be replaced from time to time with new ones.
- Stay Away from Oil-Based Cosmetics Products: Keep away from makeup, foundations and moisturizers that have excess oil, especially if you have Oily skin or are prone to oily T-Zone in humid climate. Oil based products and can block the pores of our skin and can cause skin infections leading to an outburst of Acnes, Pimples and Blackheads. Moisturizers and sunscreen lotions are skin products that contain noncomedogenic formulas, which lessen the risk of acne. Foundations and moisturizers also obstruct harmful impurities from penetrating through the pores of the skin
- Stay Mentally and Physically Fit: Daily exercises, meditation and other relaxation and rejuvenation therapies also keep the skin elastic.
- Talk to a Skin Expert: In case of any skin related problems, a healthcare practitioner or nutrition expert should be consulted. Foods that can cause allergy should be identified and avoided. Maintaining a proper diet chart is also vital for a healthy skin.
- Stay Away From Stress: Last but not the least, avoided getting stressed in your day to day life since stress is not only the root cause of most fatal illnesses, certain skin conditions like acne, pimples, eczema and psoriasis are particularly sensitive to stress and can worsen their outbursts. Keeping a calm attitude both at home as well as work, thinking positive thoughts and smiling a lot are some of the effective stress buster techniques that can help you relax and unwind.